Alok Nath responds to Directors’ association, says ‘not answerable to any organisation as no police complaint has been filed’ Alok, in his response to the Directors’ Association, said that he is not liable or answerable to any organisation since no formal police complaint has been filed by the accused.
New Delhi: Actor Alok Nath, who has been accused of rape and sexual misconduct by his writer-director Vinta Nanda and actress Sandhya Mridul, has responded to the show-cause notice that has been sent to by the Indian Film and Television Directors’ Association. The notice was sent to the actor in connection with allegations levelled by Vinta who claimed that Alok raped and assaulted her at her residence almost 20 years back.
Alok, in his response to the Directors’ Association, said that he is not liable or answerable to any organisation since no formal police complaint has been filed by the accused.
“My client states that however, in the present case, there is no complaint at all made with any of the police authorities nor filed with any of the legal authorities save and except making interviews and some complaints on social media,” the response sent from the actor’s lawyer read
“Please note that since till date, there is no such initial complaint made by any of person including the said Smt Vinta Nanda, the question of my client being liable to show any case before your association does not arise,” the notice further added.
Nath on Monday also responded to the CINTAA notice and refuted the allegations that have been made by Nanda against him.
Earlier, this month, Vinta called out the actor in a heart-breaking emotional Facebook post detailing how she was raped and sexually harassed by the actor on more than one occasion. “He was an alcoholic, shameless and obnoxious but he was also the television star of that decade, so not only was he forgiven for all his bad behaviour, many of the guys would also egg him on to be his worst.”
She went on to describe her experience and write about how she was brutalised in her own home. “I started to walk home on the empty streets… Midway I was accosted by this man who was driving his own car and he asked me to sit in it and said he would drop me home. I trusted him and sat in his car. I have faint memory after that. I can remember more liquor being poured into my mouth and I remember being violated endlessly. When I woke up the next afternoon, I was in pain. I hadn’t just been raped, I was taken to my own house and had been brutalised.”
After Nanda called out the actor in an emotional post on Facebook, two other women have come out and spoken about being harassed by Nath on film sets. Nath is yet to respond to those allegations.